From the University of Washington Department of Global Health website:
The Department of Global Health (DGH) at the University of Washington celebrated our 10th anniversary with the Global Health: Next Decade, Next Generation symposium on Wednesday, February 8, 2017. We welcomed world-renowned leaders to explore pressing issues and future challenges in global health. Together with eight other Washington-based global health organizations, many of whom are also celebrating major anniversaries, the department hosted this symposium in honor of this jubilee year in global health.
Contact the Global Health Resource center at email@example.com; or 206.685.7365
The event program featured a diverse group of global health experts, including several DCP3 editors, authors, and Advisory Committee members. Speakers included:
- The World Health Organization Director-General Dr. Margaret Chan,
- DCP3 Advisory Committee member and author Dr. Ala Alwan,
- DCP3 Advisory Committee member and author Honorable Minister Patricia Garcia of Peru,
- Honorable Minister Bernice Dahn of Liberia,
- DCP3 Series Editor Dr. Rachel Nugent,
- DCP3 Volume 6 foreword author Dr. Peter Piot,
- Department of Global Health Chair and Professor Dr. Judy Wasserheit, and more.