March 13 - 15, 2013
The DCP3 Advisory Committee to the Editors (ACE) convened its first meeting at the National Academy of Sciences in Washington, DC. In addition to introducing the ACE members to the DCP3 endeavor and to one another, the first ACE meeting was an opportunity to hear about the processes and participants involved in DCP3. Specifically, ACE members learned about the systematic economic analysis being carried out across the topics, commented on the scope and status of select volumes, got a preview of anticipated main messages, and discussed publication and dissemination plans.
A full meeting report can be downloaded here.
1. Extended Cost-Effectiveness Analysis in DCP3 (Margaret Kruk)
2. CEA and BCA: What they do and don't tell us (Toby Ord)
3. Interventions and Policies (Rachel Nugent)
4. Publishing DCP3 (Carlos Rossel)
Volume Update Presentations:
1. Essential Surgery (Margaret Kruk)
2. Child & Adolescent Development (Donald Bundy)
3. Cardio-metabolic & Respiratory Diseases (Rachel Nugent)
|ACE members Richard Skolnik, Ole Norheim, Tony Measham and Shade Omokhodion.||ACE Chair Anne Mills opens the meeting at the National Academy of Sciences.
|Rwanda Health Minister Agnes Binagwaho speaks to the ACE about priority setting in health.||DCP3 Series Editor Dean Jamison speaks with Health Minister Agnes Binagwaho following her keynote address.